9.14.2010

Mmmm Rib Rub

I am relatively new to making ribs at home so we have tried a few different ways of cooking the meat with different combinations of sauces and rubs.
I have found and made the BEST ribs. I now cannot find where I got this recipe from but whoever had this up thank you!!! I altered it just a bit from the original. First you want to make your rub. I halved this recipe as I only made one rack
1/4 cup paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp celery salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp chili powder

Rub this all over your rack of ribs. Place ribs on a foil lined cookie sheet (with raised sides)
Place in an oven preheated to 275 degrees and cook for 3-4 hours. If the ribs are getting too brown lower the temp some. The longer you cook em the better.
Once they are done in the oven preheat your grill to medium heat, throw the ribs on, slather em with sauce and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Careful not to burn the sauce.
The orginal recipe I found had a recipe for homemade sauce but we are partial to Sweet Baby Rays in my house so that's what we used. These ribs were so good and this is the recipe that will be used from now on. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails