5.13.2011

Foodie Friday-Root Beer Float Cupcakes

Fridays are usually Friday Fix days but recently they seem to have been the day that showcase new recipes so I am starting Foodie Fridays!  I guess Fridays will be a surprise from now on, you won't know if you are getting a Foodie Friday or a Friday fix! 

So for today's Foodie Friday we will be making Root Beer Cupcakes. You really only need 4 ingredients if you cheat and use a can of frosting. 
You will need:
1 box White Cake mix
1 can of Root Beer (diet works too or so I am told)
1Tbsp Root Beer Extract (I found mine at Wal-Mart)
1 can Vanilla Frosting

 Combine the cake mix, root beer, and extract
 Pour into muffin cups and bake according to package directions
Cool Completely
Now you can either just frost em and serve em or you try to get fancy like I did and...

Use a melon baller to scoop a bit outta the middle so they are filled cupcakes!
I just used the round tip to put in the filling then continued to frost em.

 I added a red Peanut M&M and a straw to really fancify them. 

My family had their own version of "Cupcake Wars" on Easter and I think I just may have to enter these the next time....

The cupcake recipe was adapted from one found at Gourmet Mom on-the-go

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails