2.08.2013

Foodie Friday-Spaghetti Squash



I really like spaghetti squash in place of noodles.  In fact one of my favorite Italian places offers it as an option rather than noodles.  I found these squashes at the $1 store and decided I had to try to use them at home.  I cut my squash in half and scooped out the seeds.  Then I sprayed them with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkled on some garlic salt.  They were then roasted at 375 for about 30 minutes.  Let me tell you how good these things made my house smell!
 
Once they were out of the oven I used a fork to shred the squash then just stuck it in the fridge.

Later that week when everyone else had fettucini I had my spaghetti squash with some olive oil, garlic, and chicken.  It was really good!  The squash doesn't really taste like spaghetti but it tastes really fresh and has a nice texture.  Plus it's low fat and low in carbs! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails