10.20.2010

Mmmm Butter Cookies

I always have grand ideas about making cut out cookies with my kids but for some reason they NEVER EVER work! My dough always ends up sticking to the counter or parchment paper or I can never peel the excess dough away from the cut out. I don't know why my dough seems to get so soft so quickly other than the Arizona heat. I always say I am not going attempt to make these dang cookies again but I always do. This year I used a new recipe found in a Magazine a few years back. I only have a copy of the page so I am not 100% sure of the magazine but I think it was a Taste of Home holiday edition. After a little trial and error I finally have it figured out! Please be aware if you try this recipe that the dough needs to be refrigerated over night.

Butter Cookie Cutouts Frosting
1 cup softened butter 1/4 cup softened butter
2 cups sugar 2 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup buttermilk 2-3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the buttermilk and extracts.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. cover and refrigerate overnight.

Roll out to 1/4 inch, cut, and bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes.
Ooops one batch got cooked a little too long!

For frosting, combine butter, sugar, extract, and enough cream to make it spreadable but not too thin.

We used Halloween sprinkles to decorate. These cookies turned out so tasty!!!!!!

*Hints

After the dough sat in the fridge all night I separated it into 3 small bowls and stuck them in the freezer to let them harden more before I rolled them out.

I rolled the dough directly on floured parchment paper and just slid the paper onto the cookie sheets to bake.



Being Shared At:

handmade projects

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails