2.03.2012

Foodie Friday-Homemade Egg Muffins

These are my kids new favorite breakfast.  They say they taste just like the fast food versions but I know that they are healthier.  

You will need:
Sausage Patties
I have been using these frozen pork sausage patties but will start buying the turkey sausage after these run out.
Eggs
Cooking Spray
Cheese 
English Muffins 
I use the whole wheat kind!

Start by cooking your sausage patties on the oven
 

Spray a ramkin or other small dish with cooking spray and add an egg.  Beat it a bit

 Microwave the egg for 30 seconds then flip it over and microwave for an additional 30 seconds

 Layer your cooked sausage, egg, and cheese on a toasted English Muffin and serve!
The best part is that I don't add any butter or oil to the egg or muffin and I can serve it with fruit or yogurt rather than deep fried hash browns.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails