7.29.2011

Foodie Friday-Wow Chicken

Okay so this isn't really called Wow Chicken but that is what it made me say the first time I tried it.  I found the recipe for Lemon and Garlic Chicken at Mel's Kitchen Cafe and boy am I glad I did!  It's easy and one of the best marinades I have found.  It will for sure be replacing the pre-made stuff in the bottle that I tend to reach for.  I adapted the recipe a bit to meet my families tastes.  This requires at least 8 hours of time to marinate, so plan ahead.

You will need:
4 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
Some salt and Pepper
1 pound chicken breasts I used chicken tenders
Pretty easy, mix, pour over chicken, and marinate in the fridge! You do need to marinate overnight or all day.  I started mine in the morning before work and cooked them up for dinner that night.
We grilled ours but you can also probably do them on the stovetop as mentioned on Mel's Kitchen Cafe.



So good all on it's own but you should make extra so you can use the leftovers in another recipe (or two!)  Next week I will show you what I used the chicken for!


Being Shared at:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails