10.27.2011

Halloween Luminaries Tutorial

To make your own luminaries you will need a paper bag, vellum, a silhouette cut out, and a glue stick.  I got lucky and found these pre-cut silhouettes at the Dollar Tree.  Since I made these for a swap I used nice bags but if I was going to do a set for myself I would probably use the paper lunch sack style.



 Begin by gluing your silhouette to the vellum them cutting it out.  Be sure to leave about 1/2 inch on each side of the cut out so you can glue it.


 Trace the vellum onto the bag and cut a out the piece on the inside of your traced lines as you want the hole to be smaller than the vellum you will be gluing in.

 Put glue around the edge of the vellum and glue to the inside of the bag.  After some trial and error I found it best to have the shape on the inside of the bag.

 Place a no flame tea light in the bag and there you go!

THESE ARE FLAMMABLE!!!! DO NOT USE REGULAR TEA LIGHTS.  KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME!!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails