11.09.2009

Scared

I wrote a few weeks ago about juvenile diabetes and how I felt that we still stood under it's shadow. Well as of yesterday that shadow is looming over us. Landon again has the "sweet" smell to his breath and urine. That smell is an indicator of elevated ketones which can lead ketoacidosis

This same thing happened two years ago and I had to fight with the Dr to do blood work. It came back normal then and my fears were brushed aside and I was told that Landon having elevated ketones was just normal for him. It's not normal, everything I have read about it says it's not normal. I let it go because the smell went away and the blood work came back normal.

So here we are again. Jason is going to take him to the Dr today because I have to work. I told him that he may have to fight to get the blood work done but it HAS to be done, no ifs ands or buts about it. I don't understand why it has to be a fight, just do it and get it done. If it comes back normal then my fears are alleviated and if not then we can move forward from there and the Dr can at least know that they didn't send a kid away who really is sick.

My mom instict is telling me that the visit to the Dr is the right thing to do rather than watching and waiting. I am already sick to my stomach with the not knowing, I don't think I could drag this out and wait. On the other hand I don't know if I trust myself to look at the situation correctly. I am seeing things that aren't there? Is he really thirsty all the time? Has he really been more cranky lately? Is there another reason why he just picks at his food?

All the info I know has made me a bit paranoid but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Now I am going to try to have a normal day as I sit and wait and hope for good news.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails