3.28.2012

Embroiderd Bookmarks


Here are two bookmarks I made for the March Birthday Swap.  The person I chose to craft for had these in the Pinterest and I thought they were just too cute!  I had never thought of using elastic to mark pages.  No way to lose your place since your marker can't fall out!  

I embroidered on felt using designs from my Doodle Stitching book.  Since it's hard to transfer designs on felt I actually traced what I wanted on tissue paper then pinned it on to the felt. It's a little bit harder to work with but still turned out okay.  See the raccoon eyes?  Those are my first successful french knots!!! After the embroider was done I cut out a backing then sandwiched the elastic between the two pieces and sewed it all together.  I have come to the conclusion that I am not very good at sewing in a circle...Adds charm right?

2 comments:

Zombie Queen said...

I love that you used elastic for the bookmarks. So cool! My bookmarks are always falling out. UGH. I'm going to have to whip a couple up. The embroidery is adorable. I especially love the feather :)Thanks for sharing.

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Awww, the little raccoon! Love these, Lindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails