3.30.2012

Foodie Friday-Healthy Banana Bread

A year or so ago I would have thought that ALL banana bread is healthy.  I mean it IS made from bananas and bananas are healthy right?  Well yes, the bananas are healthy but the white flour, all that sugar, and oil sure aren't! 
But this bread is, it is made with whole wheat flour, no sugar, and no oil.  Oh and did I mention it tastes great?  My kids who would choose to eat Hot Cheeotos over just about anything else in the world actually gave it a thumbs up.  In fact they didn't even notice a difference between this and any of the other banana breads I have made in the past.  

You will need:
2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (replaces the oil)
3/4 cup honey (replaces the sugar)
2 eggs, beaten 
3 mashed banana 

Preheat oven to 350 
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another
Combine the wet and dry into one bowl and mix until just moist
Pour into a prepared loaf pan
Bake for 60-65 minutes 

I only used 2 bananas cause that was all I had and it still worked out just fine!  I hope you all enjoy this new take on banana bread!
Original recipe found at 8 Weeks to a Better You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails