3.23.2012

Foodie Friday-Parsnip Fries

So I saw this post about Parsnip Fries on Delighted Momma and I thought to myself "What the heck is a parsnip and how the heck can they be fries?"  Well since I am attempting to eat better and try some new things I gave it a try.  

I found a package of parsnips at Walmart and they look like large white carrots.  Let me tell you, while they bake they smell SOOOO good.  As for the taste, they were good but there is no way that I could pass these off as regular french fries to anyone.  The parsnips have a very distinct almost spicy flavor to them.

So if you want to try them yourself you will need:
Parsnips
Olive Oil (I use olive oil spray rather than actual olive oil most of the time and it always works just fine)
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder

Preheat the oven to 400
Wash and peel the parsnips then cut into fry shapes
Put them in a bowl and spray with the olive oil once, toss then spray again
Add the remaining seasoning and toss again
Lay the parsnips on a prepared baking sheet
Bake for 20-30 minutes turning once
Enjoy!!!
Adapted from recipe found at Delighted Momma

Shared at Made by You Mondays at Skip to My Lou

1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

At least they look like fries! I don't think I've ever had a parsnip either. Looks like they could be worth a shot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails