1.22.2014

Stenciled Tee's

I made some stenciled Tee's in the past week for swaps and birthday gifts.  In the Ongoing Wish Swap I made a claim for two kids tee's.  This Dino-Mite tee was made by cutting the stencil with my Silhouette Cameo.  I suppose using the Cameo to cut the stencils is kind of cheating... but they turn out so much nicer than my hand cut ones!
 

I also made two shirts with hand cut stencils.  This Creeper shirt was made as a birthday present for my Minecraft obsessed son.  He of course loved it and it took a total of 10 minutes for me to cut the stencil and paint it.

I also made this robot tee with a hand cut stencil.  I haven't figured out how to make "islands" with the Cameo for stencils and there were teeny pieces that would have been hard for me to hand place in the right spots so I used my Exacto Knife to cut him out.
 

It seems like it's been quite sometime since I have stenciled anything and I forgot how easy it is to make a handmade shirt.  I have ideas swirling for some fun custom Valentines Day shirts for the kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails