3.17.2010

Alice In Craftsterland

Ah Alice how I love thee. I loved the books, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll and illustrated by John Tenneil. I loved the mash up of the two books brought to us by Disney and in the form of a star filled 80's TV movie. I love all the artwork that has been inspired by this fantastical world be it dark or whimsical. I haven't seen the Tim Burton version yet since I am not sure if it will live up to my expectations.
So of course when I saw an Alice themed swap I had to join up! Seemed like I had a ton of ideas swirling around in my head but after I made them all it didn't seem like enough. Thus far here is what I have come up with for my partner.

Three pairs of Alice themed earrings. The blue stars were just because and then we have the tea party and the keys.
This is a tiny Drink Me bottle to be used as a pendant.
This is a stenciled Alice tank top. Probably the most complicated stencil I have done yet. I love how it turned out and that it's different than the usual Aliced themed stencils I have seen.
These are painting the roses red hair clips. I didn't paint them fully red just like the roses in the book and movie.
Curious Cheshire Cat embroidered wall hanging.
Scrabble tile resin pendant using some of the original artwork from the books.
Charm bracelet. It has a tea bag, tea pot, red heart, crown, and of course Alice herself.
Last but not least is a painting the roses red cup holding red and white rose pens.
I have plans for a few more items, another pendant and some note cards. A few of the items are going to be hard to pack up and send away. Hoping that my partner enjoys all of her accesories as much as I enjoyed making them!

1 comment:

TroubleT said...

I love the stenciled tank!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails