3.18.2010

Earring Display


I finally made something for myself! All my earrings are usually jumbled up in my jewelry box. I tend to then forget which earrings I have and then forget to even wear them. This way all my earrings are organized and displayed nicely. The most wonderful thing about this is that it is completely customizable to your tastes.

I started with an 8X10 frame, a flat canvas and assorted ribbon.

Paint the canvas then use E6000 (orhot glue) to glue the ribbons of your choice around the frame. I found this the hardest part since you have to make them tight but not too tight. As you can see the top ribbon is perfect but the bottom one is too loose.

Next take the glass and such out of the frame and pop the canvas in.

Once everything is all dried start hanging your earrings!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great idea! I made something similar to hold all of my daughter's hair bows, but I never thought of making one for myself (we moms always come last).

Maria said...

That came really nice! I was just thinking the other day how I'm stuck in a rut wearing the same few earrings all the time because I'm in a hurry and don't want to look for my other ones ;o)

Super idea!
~Maria

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb..I am popping over from Tip Junkie...Love your blog!! I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails