8.12.2011

Foodie Friday-Wow Chicken Again and Again

Remember the recipe for Wow Chicken I posted a few weeks ago?  Well I hope you made extra so that you can make these two meals that both utilize the Wow Chicken.  Now you could use regular grilled chicken but really it just wouldn't be as good.  Trust me I have tried it both ways!

This first recipe is one of my favorites.  I don't like spaghetti.  Now I like noodles, just not with any kind of sauce.  When we eat regular spaghetti for dinner in my house I eat a bowl of noodles with some olive oil and garlic on top.  It's how I like it but I am always hungry an hour later since there is no protien in the meal.  So for my pasta night I like to make this meal.  Before I discovered the recipe for Wow Chicken I just used regular grilled chicken and you can too but it really is better to use left over Wow chicken!  Since this is a recipe that I just made up (I have seen a few things similar to it online) I don't follow an exact recipe.  It's so simple though that you can a more of this or that to suit your tastes.
You will need:
Cooked Noodles of your choice I like bowtie or the curly noodles for this one
Cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic
Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
Optional: Cooked Veggies I used steamed broccoli (I love you Steam Fresh!)

In the pot that you cooked the noodles in pour in some olive oil and saute your minced garlic.  Be careful cause it burns quickly!
Once it's a bit browned and soft toss your noodles back in with the chicken and the cooked veggies if you want em.  Squirt in some lemon juice, add some salt & pepper, and stir to combine.  Add more olive oil if needed. 
Seriously one of my favorite meals.  I always make extra so I can bring it for lunch the next day!

Our new favorite is to make Grilled Pizza!  I won't bore you with the specifics since you can find a tutorial on just about any blog out there these days.  The one I used was from Mels Kitchen Cafe (my cooking hero lately.  I adapted the Wow Chicken from of her recipes and have a great pork chop one I am going to share)
Anywhoo I do a few things differently since I can't follow directions very well.....
I use a grill pan.  Yes, it is kind of cheating but it makes things so much easier.  Well and the first time I tried this I didn't have this little baby and I burnt the crap outta my hand. 
So I use a grill pan and I use pre-made dough.  Please don't think less of me....
Go turn the grill on and let it heat up. While it's warming up, either brush or spray the pan with olive oil.  Spread the dough.  I split it in two as it makes it easier for me to flip.  Then either spray or brush the top with olive oil.
You will also need to gather your sauce, toppings, and a metal spatula or tongs.  If you plan on using meat toppings they will need to be pre-cooked as these babies aren't on the grill long enough to cook meat.
For this batch I made a plain cheese and a garlicy, buttery, cheesy, chickeny pizza!
Again before putting my crusts on the grill I heated up some butter and garlic powder and stirred it all up.  I used this awesome mixture instead of sauce on one of the pizza's then topped it with the cheese and left over Wow Chicken!   
It was divine as you can see from the remnants of our lunch..... 
I recommend grilled pizza to everyone!  Since I cheat a bit it only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and it doesn't heat up the house.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails