9.02.2011

Foodie Friday-Chick-Fil-A Knockoff

So if you know me personally you know that I LOVE Chick-Fil-A!  I could seriously eat there everyday and not get sick of it.  Adia doesn't like it though (she's crazy) so it's usually a lunch treat for me and my best girly friend. They have the best chicken nuggets and sandwiches ever!  Now since they use a special method to cook the chicken I don't think I could ever really replicate the orginal but this comes pretty close! 

You will need:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
Oil

In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together
Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks
Add the chicken to the milk mixture and let soak for at least 30 minutes
In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients listed above and stir


Heat up your oil
Dredge a few peices of chicken at a time into the flour mixture then toss them into the hot oil
Cook each side for until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle 
Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken and serve
It is sweet and salty perfection!  You could even serve these with baked waffle fries for the full Chick-Fil-A effect!

Recipe from A Zesty Bite

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails