9.16.2011

Foodie Friday-Crock Pot BBQ Chicken

I was a bit skeptical about this recipe.  BBQ chicken from a crock pot?  If you read my post last week  you know how I feel about my meat being grilled.  I must say though that I was pleasantly surprised with how well this turned out.  I even had two kids who cleared their plates of all the chicken.  I am really starting to LOVE my crock pot, but I do need to get more liners for it cause I don't care for the clean-up. 

You will need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle BBQ sauce of your choice
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients to make the sauce
Place chicken in crock pot
Pour the sauce over the chicken
Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours

I used 3 breasts and cooked it on low for 4 hours.
I served it with the Best Broccoli EVER! Which you can find here.

BBQ Chicken Recipe found at Stick a Fork In It



2 comments:

Carla said...

what kind of vinegar did you use?

Crafty Like Lindy said...

I used plain white vinegar but a cider vinegar would probably be tasty too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails