12.14.2011

Mmmmmm Reese's Peanut Butter Temptations

This year I am doing a family cookie exchange and needed to find a recipe that could easily yeild 60+ cookies.  I scoured my cookie board on Pinterest and made lists of possibilities.  This particular recipe just seemed to call out to me.  Maybe it's because I am such a fan of peanut butter and chocolate or maybe because they look so darn cute.  Who knows but I made them and I am glad I did!  I ended up following the recipe that was on the back of package of Reese's Cups, so that is the one I am going to share with you.

You will need:
About 40 Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 Heat oven to 375°F. 
Line small muffin cups with mini cupcake liners.
 Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy in large bowl.

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended

Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place one in each prepared muffin cup

 Bake 10 to 12 minutes 

 Let cool for 1/2 minutes.

Press a peanut butter cup into each cookie

Cool completely in muffin pan

*Cheater Version
Skip all those ingredients and buy pre-made peanut butter dough and follow the directions above from the baking on down.

Original Inspiration from Baked to Perfection 

Recipe used from Hershey's


1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

Oh Lindy! You are never good for my diet :). These look so yummy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails