8.23.2013

Foodie Friday- Avalanche Bars

I haven't posted any new food for such a long time cause I haven't really tried any new recipes.  We had a family BBQ a few weeks ago when my aunt was in town to visit with my mom and I said I would bring a dessert.  I had been wanting to try these bars out for a while and this gave me the perfect chance. 

They are basically SUPER Rice Krispy treats!   I love that they are no-bake since it's still so hot here in Arizona and they came together super fast.  They were a hit with everyone who tried them too!

You will need: 
1 Bag of White Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 Cups of Rice Krispies
1 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows + More for Garnish
1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips + More for Garnis
Foil lined and greased pan

In a bowl (be sure it's microwave safe) pour the whole bag of white chocolate chips in and microwave for one minute.  Stir.  Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
Stir in Peanut Butter
Pour over Rice Krispies and mix
Pour in the marshmallows and mix
By this time the mix should be cool enough to mix in the chocolate chips
Press into prepared pan then sprinkle with mini chips and marshmallows pressing lightly.
Cover pan and place in fridge until set 15-20 minutes.


Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails