6.06.2014

Foodie Friday-Oven Baked Fajita's


I like most people am busy.  I work full time, have two kids to wrangle, and my mom is very ill.  So I am always running between work, the hospital (or my moms house depending on where she is), and home.  I am stretched pretty thin most days so dinner tends to be the last thing on my mind.  Honestly 5-6 years ago this wouldn't have been a problem since I would have just hit up a drive thru and called it good.  These days I am a bit more educated about what I put in front of my family to eat and what I put in my body.  Now that's not to say that we organic grass fed whatever all the time or that we don't order pizza anymore we just try to make better choices overall.  This is also much cheaper than eating fake food every day....

That being said, quick, easy, and tasty are what I am looking for in a dinner recipe.  This fit the bill.  I love me some chicken fajita's but I HATE using that store bought spice packet to make them.  I have no idea who decided that is what fajita's taste like cause they are WRONG!  This though, this comes pretty close to what you would get in a restaurant and it's so easy to throw together and toss in the oven.  While you may not have all the ingredients in your pantry you can get them at any grocery store along with some tortillas, cheese, and whatever other toppings you like.  The chicken turns out nice and juicy and is very flavorful.  This will definitely be making another appearance on my dinner table!

Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails