8.12.2010

Pillowcase & Crochet Hook Roll

For the Secret Santa in July Swap I made two claims. The first was for a decorative pillow. The person I claimed is allergic to cats and so I couldn't actually stuff the pillow. I made the case, washed it, then put it in the envelope right away. I hope that no kitty dander or fur went along for the ride.

I made the case with a fat quarter of the most pretty green fabric. I cut the birdies out and used some Wonder Under to attach the birds to the case. I left an opening for stuffing and popped it in the mail.

My second claim was for a person who wanted a crochet hook roll and loved strawberries. I have had this strawberry fabric in my stash for quite a while and I knew it would be perfect. I decided to make it more like a wallet than a roll and attached snaps to keep it closed. First time using the snap setter!!!

Here it is opened with one lone plastic hook...

My sewing machine has been getting lots of use lately and my sewing skills are getting a bit better every time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails