8.24.2010

Mmmm Rolled Tacos

This is a new recipe I tried last night and it was a hit! The idea came from a recipe for Beef Taquitos from familyfun.com. I of course didn't follow the recipe exactly cause I like to do things my own way! You can click on the link to follow their recipe or you can do as I do and make it up as you go along :)
I did not measure out any of my ingredients....
Oil
Tortillas
Ground Beef
What I used to season my beef is....
Finely chopped onion
Minced Garlic
Salt
Pepper
&
Cumin
Heat the oven to 400ยบ. Heat a little oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook them for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the beef cook until no longer red. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Place the tortillas on a plate and cover them with damp paper towels. Microwave them until warm and pliable, about 45 seconds. Top each tortilla with beef mixture and some cheese
Roll up the tortillas and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet with the seam sides down. Brush the taquitos lightly with vegetable oil, then bake them until the filling is heated through and the tortillas are lightly browned, about 8 to 12 minutes. Serve them hot with sour cream and/or salsa.
I think these would be good with chicken too and I think you could also use corn tortillas and fry them if you wanted to be really unhealthy.
I am sharing at
Creations by Kara
Blog Button

giveaways

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails