1.17.2011

I Spy With My Little Eye

So last week my little honey Adia came down with a nasty stomach bug which equaled 4 days of down time for both of us.  Between cleaning her up, bringing in Sprite, crackers, and toast I had time to do a few things.  First, I watched all the shows I had saved up on my DVR.  Second, I watched all three Twilight movies and am ashamed to admit I actually enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd installments.  Third, I cleaned.  A Lot.  I even washed walls.  There is really only so much TV I can handle.  Once the house was clean I crafted. 
I had wanted to make each of my kids an I Spy quilt for Christmas and only got as far as purchasing the squares and sewing them together for Landons blanket.  Well I had lots of time on my hands so I finished Landon's quilt and will give it to him for his birthday. 
I have never done anything like this before so I kinda made up sewing the back and edges as I went along.  It worked out pretty well.  I see the flaws but now know what to do better next time. 
Well I didn't expect to be home again with Adia on Thursday and so I made her quilt too!  This one I did from start to finish all on Thursday.  The squares are a bit more evenly done as is the edging.  This picture isn't as good but you can still get the idea.   
My hope is that my kids will keep these and maybe pass them on to their kids!

I think I love these quilts and would like to make another smaller version for a friend who is having a baby.  I gotta go see how many squares of fabric I have left or else swap for some more!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails