4.04.2014

Foodie Friday- Sweet & Savory Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites

 We live in an amazing neighborhood.  We get along with 99% of our neighbors and now consider some of them our closest friends.  A little over a year ago someones house was broken into and so we decided to form a Neighborhood Watch Group.  Since we went about it the official way through the local PD we have to have meetings every so often.  We try to get together at least 2-3 times per year and we always have a great time.  A few weeks ago at our meeting we decided to do a potluck with snacks and sides.

I wanted to make these chicken bites cause really who doesn't love bacon??  I have used this recipe before and made chicken strips but since this was for an appetizer I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.  Once they were cut I put them in a plastic bag with the seasoning and got them all coated really well.  Then I wrapped each piece in some bacon.  Since these are bites I cut the bacon strips into thirds.

Each bite was placed on a prepared tray then baked in the oven.  I turned mine over a few times in order to get the bacon crispy on both sides.

Here is the very tasty result
These were a hit!  The kids and adults both enjoyed these.  I will for sure make these again in the future for other get togethers.

You can find the recipe at Food.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails