12.13.2010

Mmmmmm Cookies

I like to bake and I like to try new things. I am by no means a food blogger and I can't pull off the gorgeous cookies that I have seen around the blogosphere but it's the taste that counts right? This year I am also participating in my very first cookie exchange. For the exchange I tried out a new recipe for Chocolate Drops. These are a rich cookie that taste very much like dark chocolate. This receipe was found in a magazine and also on the box of Bakers Chocolate.

Chocolate Drops
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
GLAZE1 tub frozen cool whip
6 squares semi sweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat chocolate and butter in large bowl on high 2 minutesstir until chocolate is melted
add sugar and mix well
blend in eggs and vanilla
add flour mix well
cover and refigerate 1 hour
Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet
bake 8 minutes
Cool completely
Glaze:Place frozen whipped topping and semi sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl
Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny and smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
Let stand until thickened
Spread over cookies
Next I made another new recipe and I think these are one of my new favorites. They were easy to make and taste so good. The kids and my co-workers also gave them two thumbs up. This recipe was from Family Fun Magazine.

Chocolate Crinkles
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup powdered sugar

In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, cocoa powder, and sugar
Wisk in eggs and vanilla
In another bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
use a large spoon to slowly add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture
Stir in the chips
refrigerate the the dough for 2 hours
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar
bake the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes
Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet for 5 minutes
them remove to wire rack to cook completely

Last but not least are my personal favorite. My aunt has been making these for years and I started doing them a few years ago to share with friends. My co-workers love these cookies. These are really easy to make also! The dough is very crumbly.

Cherry Blossoms
1 c butter
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp cherry juice
red food colorin
2 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped & drained maraschino cherries
Hershey kisses

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix butter, sugar, cherry juice, almond extract and food coloring, blend well
Mix in flour and salt
Fold in Cherries
Firm dough into 1 inch balls
Place 1-2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet
Bake 8-10 minutes
remove from oven and immediately top with a kiss
refriderage to set

I also cheated and made peanut butter blossoms using premade peanut butter cookie dough then just placed either a kiss or peanut butter cup on top after baking. Tasty and super easy!

I hope you enjoy baking and if you try any of these recipes let me know how you like them.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

These cookies look so yummy! I will be featuring your cherry blossoms on Wednesday:] Thanks for the suggestions!

The Paisley Cupcake

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails