12.07.2010

Scarves



Brrr it's cold....Somewhere! Here in Arizona it's in the high 70's this week. Doesn't feel much like Christmas. Too bad because I actually like to bundle up and wear hats, scarves, and gloves. Doesn't look like I will get much use out them this year. Good thing I made these two scarves for people who may actually get to use them. *disclaimer* I am pretty new to crochet, and I know they aren't perfect!
This first one I made for my sister for her birthday. Last year I made her a Rapunzel Scarf. Ooops double gifting! This one turned out much better and is so soft. The colors are also so warm and lovely. I hope she is enjoying it.

The second one I made for the 12 Days of Christmas swap. It was my first time using super bulky yarn and the first doing a triple crochet stitch. This is one is more decorative than warming. I do need to practice changing colors of yarn...

Keep warm and use those scarves while you can!

1 comment:

Cora said...

I'm jealous of your warm weather! It is terribly cold here. I love the scarf in the first photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails