8.15.2014

Foodie Friday- Garlic Chicken

I am not sure if this was a recipe fail or if it was a real winner.... 
I found a recipe on Pinterest for this garlic chicken that looked amazing and simple.  I have made oven fried chicken before and it turned out great.  This recipe was basically the same except with garlic.  I followed the recipe and marinated my chicken in eggs and garlic, breaded it, then put it in the pan to bake.  I cooked it for the specified time and then flipped it.  I continued to cook it and when it was supposed to have been ready it wasn't.  Now I am sure the chicken was cooked through but the breading was not crisp and golden brown.  It was a soggy mess... 

Not appealing in the least.  So I ended up heating up some oil and frying the chicken on my stove top to get it nice and brown.  I am glad I was able to salvage the meal because it was VERY tasty!!!

See the pesto potatoes from last week  peeking at you??
3 eggs beaten
1 Tbsp minced garlic.  You can use more or less depending on your tastes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 tenders
3/4 Cup oil
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper

Marinate the chicken in the eggs and minced garlic for at least 4 hours
Pour oil in the pan and place in the oven while preheating to 450
Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl or pan and mix
Dredge the chicken through the bread crumbs  and place on a clean plate
Take the pan out of the oven and place the chicken in
**The oil will be VERY hot**
Put the pan back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
Flip the chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear
The breading should be nice and golden and crispy!  

If you prefer you can also heat the oil in a large cast iron or other pan and fry the chicken on your stove top.  The cooking time will vary when doing it this way so make sure you test and make sure it's cooked all the way through.

Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails