8.20.2014

Note Cards Cut With the Silhouette Cameo


I got a Silhoutte Cameo die cutting machine for my birthday a few years ago and for the most part it’s been a rather expensive paperweight.  I am not sure why it has taken me so long to really get down and use this machine since it can do so many different things.  I think because there is a learning curve but Youtube videos and other bloggers’ tutorials have really helped.  I have used it to cut freezer paper for stencils, cut felt, made rubber stamps, and cut some paper designs.  The project that really got me into this machine though is making note cards.  I am a bit addicted now. 

I keep buying different designs and picturing different ways to make the cards.  As with anything else there was a bit of a learning curve.  The first set of cards I made I cut the designs and the actual cards out and tried different methods of piecing everything together.




 As you can see they turned out okay but needed some improvement.



With my next sets I decided to buy blank note cards and envelopes and just cut the designs out and attach them to the cards.  I also decided to try using a spray adhesive to attach all the parts. 






Success!!! These turned out so much cleaner than my first attempts.  I now also have the option to layer different pieces to create my own unique cards using different elements from different designs.  I have two cutting mats and using 12X12 cardstock I cut a bunch of designs out of different colors and then piece things together.

Just about every future swap partner I have is going to be receiving either a set of note cards or one handmade card from me.  Also I don't think I will continue to buy birthday cards when I can just make my own!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails