12.11.2013

Vintage Christmas Shadowbox Ornament

I found these little unfinished shadowbox ornaments at Michael's and picked one up to play with.  I seem to be obsessed lately with making shrines and shadowboxes so I couldn't wait to play with this.  I joined the Secret Santa Swap on Craftster and made a few things off my partners wishlist.  I felt like I was ready to send when it hit me that I hadn't made one Christmassy thing for her!  Out comes the shadowbox!  I had quite a few different Christmas themed papers and odds and ends left over from a different project so I put them to use here. 

I covered the inside and outside of the box with Christmas themed papers.  Then I attached the flower and wreath.  After it was dry I glued the bird into the wreath.  I then glued in the tree and the deer and for a finishing touch, added mica flakes for some snow.

I am going to have to pick up a few more of these boxes to keep and play with throughout the year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails