12.18.2013

Articulated Angel Ornament Swap

I joined the Retro Cafe Art Gallery Articulated Angel Ornament Swap.  The only rule was that I had to use one of four different angel bases.  I chose to make two angels and will receive two back in return.  Here are the two I made.

The first one I wanted to go with a vintage Americana look.  So I ordered some supplies and went to work.  I spray painted the angel, her wings, and crown gold to start.  I used an orangish brown paper to cover her arms and sheet music for her torso.  I wrapped and glued down some holly berry type garland around her skirt and embellished with some rusted tin pieces.  She is holding a brown snow flake and has a maroon button for her necklace. 
 

My second angel got spray painted silver to start with.  I covered her skirt in Mica Flakes to give her some sparkle and wreathed her head with a blue dresden cut out.  Her arms are covered in silver star paper and she is holding a dresden snowflake.  I used Stickles glitter glue on her wings and in the end decided to use it on her torso too.

Both of these ornaments turned out exactly as I had pictured them when I was ordering the supplies and I had a hard time sending them out.  You can check out all the swap entries at Retro Cafe' Art Galleries Facebook page.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails